Social Media Toolkit
In recognition of National Nutrition Month, the 1,000 Days Partnership is organizing an online “march” to raise awareness about the critical role of nutrition in the 1,000 day window from a woman’s pregnancy to her child’s second birthday. Throughout the month of March, we will share blogs, stories, tweets, facts and more that illustrate the universal importance of good nutrition, and we invite you to add your voice and March for Nutrition!
Each week we will feature content related to the 1,000-day window, and we will highlight the critical issues, challenges and opportunities related to the different stages: pre-pregnancy to birth, birth to 6 months; and 6 months to 2 years. The weekly themes are as follows:
March 1- 7: Setting the Stage: The critical 1,000 day window
Help us tell the story of the challenge of malnutrition and the opportunity of 1,000 days.
March 8-14: Pre-pregnancy to birth
Let’s elevate the importance of maternal nutrition, including nutrition even before pregnancy.
March 15-21: Infancy: Birth to 6 months
Share successes and challenges in promoting breastfeeding around the world.
March 22-27: Toddlerhood: 6 months to two years
Help us shed some light on complementary feeding as well as the importance of water, sanitation and hygiene during this time of extraordinary growth.
March 28-31: In Summary: The impact of good nutrition
Wrap-up by sharing how/why this message is true: the impact of good nutrition early in life can reach far into the future.
Please use the hashtag #March4Nutrition all month long for Tweets and Facebook posts. The following hashtags will also be relevant:
- March 7th: #FoodFri Twitter chat with MomsRising from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET.
- March 19th: #AskRoger Twitter chat with Roger Thurow from 1:30 PM – 2:15 PM ET.
- Follow #March4Nutrition to learn more about the importance of #nutrition during the #1000day window.
- Join us! It’s National Nutrition Month and we’re taking the conversation global. #March4Nutrition
- #NutritionMatters even b4 a woman’s pregnancy. Learn more about the power of #1000days: http://ow.ly/u4jXJ #March4Nutrition
- Why walk when you can march?!? Join the #March4Nutrition and help us take the conversation global.
- Why #March4Nutrition? Because the opportunity of good #nutrition is endless.
1,000 Days will share a daily nutrition fact as an image on Facebook. Please visit our Facebook page and keep the drum beat going by sharing these daily posts!
- Join the #March4Nutrition with our friends @The1,000DaysPartnership if you believe that every child, everywhere, deserves the right nutrition to grow, learn and thrive.
Download image: http://bit.ly/OHob5d
Resources to Share
- The Power of 1,000 Days (infographic): http://ow.ly/u4AWH
- What Causes Maternal and Child Malnutrition? (infographic): http://ow.ly/u4B1I
- The Power of 1,000 Days (video): http://youtu.be/fZM542xxuIM